- I’m craving it so badly, I need a buzz, something different.
- I’m not having the best week.
- Songs keep coming on that remind me of drinking.
- People keep posting about their wine or fruity drinks and it’s so tempting to go get some for myself.
Why I’m not going to drink:
- I don’t have a single justifiable reason to drink.
- I don’t want to reset my sobriety clock, I’ve worked so hard to make it past 3 months.
- I can’t let you guys down, there are people who are counting on me to stay sober.
- I can’t sabotage my relationship by drinking.
- I will be homeless if I drink.
- I can’t even drink energy drinks or coffee in moderation.
- Most important of all, I can’t let myself down. I’ve promised myself a better life, I deserve it. If I relapse not only will I regress to a bad state of mind, I will also be giving up on myself and everything I’ve worked for. I’ll most definitely become suicidal again because relapsing is a really difficult thing to accept.
I can’t give up, I won’t give up. Today is certainly a struggle, but it’s also a blessing, I’m learning to control myself and not make bad decisions based off of “wants.”
Any tips on staying sober today would be greatly appreciated! 🙂